A woman was on a high-speed train that was racing down the tracks, her fiancé by her side, when some “robber” appeared. There was only one way to protect her 2.4 carat diamond engagement ring — swallow it. So that’s what Evans did.“I popped the ring off, put it in my mouth and swallowed it with a glass of water,”.

Then she woke up! “I was relieved on Wednesday morning that the whole episode had just been a vivid, bizarre dream. It was “very James Bond”.” That is, until she realised her engagement ring was no longer on her finger!

She had a history of sleepwalking and soon realised that while the “bad guys” and the high-speed train had all been her snoozing subconscious, the consumption of her engagement ring was not.

When she woke up in the morning, there was no ring on her finger, “I couldn’t help but laugh at it, and then I had to wake my fiancé up and tell him that I had swallowed my engagement ring.”

She said that she had to google – if adults often swallow rings. It turns out children more commonly do it. She went to an urgent care clinic where doctors decided against letting the ring pass naturally through the 29-year-old’s system, and instead referred her to a gastroenterologist.